Sunday, September 15, 2013

Making Photographs

Welcome to my photography blog! I am an electrical engineer seeking to improve my photography, to learn how to make photographs. Ansel Adams said, "You don't take a photograph, you make it." This blog will record some of my steps along the path toward making photographs. Hopefully you will learn something from my successes and failures along the way. I encourage your feedback and comments. And if I make a mistake, please correct me.

I'll start with this image I captured this morning: sunrise, 6:57AM, looking toward the Blue Ridge Mountains from Waynesboro's Constitution Park. Earlier the sky had a lot of reddish hues, but I missed that twilight marvel. I used a Canon 60D with 18-135mm lens -- a standard kit from Adorama that I bought a couple of years ago. The image was unremarkable, but with a little post-processing with Photoshop I think I added some visual interest or "pop" to the final image.

Copyright © 2013 Philip N. Wheeler. All Rights Reserved.
Philip Wheeler Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment